Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Domination of Footwear accessories



































(Clock-wise from left: Lanvin-patent pumps, YSL-Tribute in suede, Alexander McQueen-woven leather boots, YSL-patent slingbacks, and Christian Louboutin-Decollete pumps).



Here it is ladies. The recently launched and enviously, salivating new collections of international designer footwear for sping/summer '07 has been released. We are talking YSL, Christian Louboutin, Lanvin, Alexander McQueen and Balenciaga. Did I also mention that most of these shoes have already been sold-out? Oh and the waiting lists for them will set you back a couple of months.........say till the next financial year.

It seems that women’s designer footwear has made a roughly estimated turnover of "US$1.8 billion" last financial year, according to the "New Yorker". That's a lot of shoe-crazed women out there. But it is the interests in super-high-ouch-cannot-feel-my-feet, patent leather, exotic skins, bondage straps and utilitarian buckles trends that women internationally are seemingly after. Footwear fetishes have been dating back thousands of years; after all it is the empowering quality of shoes that has made the footwear business so strong.

This season's shoes will definitely tower, tease, magnify and aim to please obsessive-footwear-followers internationally. You know who you are!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart skipped a beat.

Anonymous said...

Salivation central! Ahhhh I want them all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!! I just looked on you guy's blog! Talk about hot posting! PWHOAR! Good work dudes/dudettes!

Anonymous said...

Totally 2-die-4!

Anonymous said...

Be still my palputating heart! OMG! Totally Hot-hot!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! Is there anymore???? I am totally looking for new shoes this season. Now I have a better idea!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, are these the latest on the styles? They look pretty sexy heels. Is there more?

Great write up!

Anonymous said...

It seems to have gotten the ladies' body tempretures rising a little, when it comes to nice shoes. mmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh my-oh-my! Those YvesSaintLaurent peep toe slingbacks are really to die for! wow-wee! I cannot wait to get my hands on a pair.

Anonymous said...

This is way cool. What other styles do you recommend? I think Christian Louboutin is an artist with shoes. His works are truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi peoples! Once again great post! I do believe the ladies are officially "salivating" from this post. Way to go in increasing the estrogen levels. It seems shoes are a way to a woman's heart.

Anonymous said...

Wow great post.

But I still cannot believe we women spend $1.8Billion on shoes, when there are other issues in the world that need that money. I wonder how much we in the UK spend on footwear?

Then again I should talk, my weakness I have to admit is not shoes, rather bags and jewellery.

Ok the shoes do look good though.

Anonymous said...

I don't get how other people get-off judging others on spending their money, in particularly shoes.

I earn my own money, so if I saw a $400 louboutins at barney's, I will not feel guilt ridden about purchasing them. By the way are there anymore Louboutins gonna be posting soon?

Anonymous said...

I like this blog, it's interesting. I like how it's written. Can I ask who writes-up the posts? It's cool how there seems to be a NY and Aussie connection.

Ok I think I need to get a coffee before work.